Skip to main content

Resource Center

photo of a building and text: Resource Center


Avoid a natural gas emergency. Call PSE before you clear a clogged sewer.

Some external sewer lines have natural gas pipelines running through them. In these cases, clearing a sewer with a power snake can break the gas pipe and allow gas to enter your building, creating the potential for a fire or explosion. To be safe, call Puget Sound Energy before you clear a blocked sewer. PSE will send a technician to make sure it’s safe to clear. For more information, see PSE’s sewer safety web page.

General Resources

Washington Homeownership Resource Center 

The Washington Homeownership Resource Center is a non-profit agency that can provide assistance at no cost.  They can contact lenders on your behalf, as well as other services. Their phone number is 1-877-894-4663.  Midway Sewer is not affiliated with this agency.  

Hazardous Waste 

The sewer is no place for hazardous waste! The disposal of hazardous waste into the sanitary sewer puts our workers and the environment at risk. If you have a product you want to dispose of and you are not sure if it is hazardous or what to do with it, please contact the King County Local Hazardous Waste Management Program. If you are a residence call (206) 296-4692. If you are a business call (206) 296-3976.

Their website has a wealth of information available to assist you with the responsible disposal of your hazardous waste. They can also suggest some alternative to hazardous products. You can also use their materials exchange site, IMEX to provide your unwanted product to someone who can use it. You may find some products that you could use.


For your convenience a wastemobile periodically visits our area to collect your hazardous waste. You can find out the wastemobile schedule by going to: Wastemobile Schedule

Please help to protect the environment and always properly dispose of your hazardous waste.  


Call Before You Dig 

Call 811 Before you dig!

The Utility Notification Center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and accepts calls from contractors, homeowners, or anyone planning to dig.  Locate requests are accepted over the phone, through a fax-a-locate program, or through the ITIC program. If you need to process a locate request, or need additional information about locates, you may contact the Utility Notification Center by just calling 811.  

See more at: